Join our trip only one and half hour from Sarajevo to highland village of Lukomir. Our guides offers you their knowledge about this travel into Bosnian past. We promise you experience of a life time on this trip. Therefore, you will see traditional houses, clothes that people in the village are still wearing and eat local food. Amazing nature and great view on Bosnia grand canyon Rakitnica are included.
People here are still practicing traditional way of life. Village inhabitants built mills on the river streams and certain currents of Rakitnica, leaning those on the relatively unstable blocks.
Lukomir was declared a national monument of Bosnia and Herzegovina. Objects located in the village of Lukomir are 96 facilities, of which 46 residential buildings, 49 industrial facilities and the building of the former school, a necropolis with 18 tombstones at Vlaško cemetery and necropolis with nine tombstones at Jezerine.
Life in Lukomir depends of the season. From late April until September people are doing mainly animal husbandry and agriculture., therefore, when winter comes, most of the inhabitants move to lower altitudes.
For those who want stretch their legs we are offer you 5 hours hike from Umoljani village to Lukomir. Most importantly, climbing over Obalj peak (1896 m) will pleasure all your hiking needs.
– Starting point Umoljani village
– Ending point Lukomir village
– Hike rating Medium
– Total hiking time: 6 hrs including the breaks
– Start at 1353 m, top elevation at 1896 m., finish at 1500 m
– Mandatory equipment: hiking boots, backpack, soft jacket, hat, gloves, spare t-shirt, water bottle, sun cream and sun glasses.
– Water refill available at start, 15 minutes into the hike and at the end.
– Properly mark trail exists throughout all of the hike.
Meet Bosnia is Travel agent located in Sarajevo, specialized in tours in Bosnia and Herzegovina and Balkan region. Years of experience is behind us and lots of satisfied customers, what is reason to continue in doing thing we love.